Blight Farms Meat Purchasing Details
Here are some details about making a Blight Farms meat purchase:
• You may use our online store to purchase a meat animal or contact us directly at [email protected] with your order request.
• We accept cash, check, Paypal and Venmo. There is a convenience fee of 3% for using the Paypal and Venmo options.
• The animal must be paid for before we deliver it to the butcher. We do not charge a transportation fee to deliver to our preferred butcher Marshall Meats in Marshall, MI. If you would like to use a different local butcher, please indicate which one.
• All orders must be picked up in person. We do not ship meat or deliver it at this time.
• You get to decide how you want your meat cut! It’s not as complicated as it sounds. All you have to do is call the butcher and they will walk you through the most common cuts and the desired thicknesses. Please keep in mind that value added processes such as smoking meat, making bratwursts, and requesting hamburger patties instead of one-pound packages, will all add to the overall butcher/processing cost.
• Marshall Meats uses vacuum sealed packages.
• You will be called when your meat is ready to be picked up which is typically about two weeks after it was delivered.
Pork: Average processing costs for a pig are $275.
Yield: 150 pounds of packaged meat
Ham Products (28 lbs)
Fresh, cured and smoked ham
Pork Loin Products (23 lbs)
Baby Back Ribs
Bacon (23 lbs)
Pork Shoulder Products (21 lbs)
Fresh or smoked Picnic
Boston Butt Roast
Smoked Shoulder Bacon
Trim (45 lbs)
• Beef: Average processing costs for a ½ steer are $300.
Yield: approximately 250 pounds of packaged meat (about a medium chest freezer)
14 packages of chuck, arm, and rump roasts (3-10lbs each)
16 pounds of Rib steak
24 lbs of t-bone steaks
6 lbs of porterhouse steaks
2 lbs of tenderloin steaks
24 lbs of round steaks
9 lbs of sirloin steaks
6 lbs of stew meat
75 lbs of ground beef
Contact information for Marshall Meats:
14995 15 Mile Road
Marshall, MI 49068
Still have questions? Email [email protected] or call Afton at 517-488-4938